I love quilts, especially antique quilts, either applique or pieced,
and I want to share my journeys in quilting !

But, my "Threads and Treasures" sometimes include embroidery, painting, or spinning wool
and weaving
.

It is great that you are visiting, and I hope you feel at home here.
I would love it if you left a comment.

My website is www.janequilter.uk




Saturday 30 October 2010

Baltimore Violets

Thank you all for your lovely comments on my Dear Jane quilt. The latest on it is that we have never been so cosy as under this quilt....!
Last night I finished a Baltimore block, and it is the last one for this quilt of 'beginners' blocks, so that I can now start working on the borders.
The autumn is getting rather beautiful out here. The cherry tree that I see from my sewing room, is turning into gold. Slowly the trees on the hills are changing colour too. I love autumn.

It is late now, and I am going to think of inscriptions on some of the blocks, before dropping of to sleep. Perhaps I will wake up with some wonderful ideas....
Goodnight
Jane

9 comments:

Guusje, said...

Wat een mooi block voor je Baltimore heb je gemaakt. Die wil ik ook ooit nog een keertje gaan maken.

Hennie said...

Jane wat een prachtig Baltimore blok heb je weer gemaakt zeg. Je werk is zo super strak, geen steekje te zien geweldig, net als de andere blokken van deze quilt die ik live gezien heb.

Fijne zondag Hennie.

Lori said...

Oh my goodness! Your wreath blocks is absolutely amazing!!

How fun to be sleeping under yout dear jane quilt!!

Miranda said...

wat ziet het er schitterend uit! Top hoor...

Annefred said...

Ik heb diep bewondering voor jouw Baltimore blocks, Jane! Geweldig. Ben heel benieuwd hoe het geheel er gaat uitzien. En de herfst....tja dat is ook mijn favorite jaargetijde. Zelfs als de zon niet schijnt lijkt de wereld vol met gouden bomen! En de DearJane is daar natuurlijk precies op tijd klaar voor!
Groet,
Anki

mMum said...

Jane, zoals altijd is dit blok weer een plaatje!
Groetjes,
Mac

Margaret said...

Jane, I am so happy that you are putting together this Baltimore Album quilt. Your latest clock is so beautiful.
Margaret

Karen said...

Such a nice block. I used to pick violets when I was young as they grew wild near our home. I found a few when we lived in South Carolina after years of living in the south and seeing none.

antique quilter said...

I love the autumn too
YOur block is just beautiful
I love that background fabric do you remember what the name of it is ?
thanks
Kathie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...