I love quilts, especially antique quilts, either applique or pieced,
and I want to share my journeys in quilting !

But, my "Threads and Treasures" sometimes include embroidery, painting, or spinning wool
and weaving
.

It is great that you are visiting, and I hope you feel at home here.
I would love it if you left a comment.

My website is www.janequilter.uk




Friday 8 October 2010

Souvenirs from Holland

When I saw this pair at the quiltshow in Holland, I could not resist them. So I bought the pattern, and made them for our bedroom.... She reminded me of myself, as I take my pillow everywhere too.
Another kit I bought there was a beautiful cricket, made from fabrics from the Provence. It has become a lavender bag.

And, since I love sheep and cows, I brought back several of those. Some of them sit on the windowsill.
The good news is that I have only got 3 more triangles to do on the Dear Jane quilt, and then on to the last corner!!
To finish off the day, there was a beautiful sunset from our kitchen window.

Have a lovely evening!
Jane

8 comments:

Guusje, said...

Wat wordt je Dear Jane ontzettend mooi en je bent bijna klaar geweldig. En wat zijn de tilda poppetjes leuk, net als het lavendelzakje.

Anonymous said...

Hello Jane I like your blog very much and what really caught my eye was the clipper ship Baltimore block. That is awesome very good fine work. I just found your blog, I live in New Jersey USA with my husband, I have a son who has a wife and our little grandbaby girl. I have been quilting since 1984-5 and I began by watching TV with Lap Quilting with Georgia Bonesteel. Back in th 80s that was all there was with quilting, and some books too. I later found Jinny Beyer and like to quilt like she does by hand mostly.You made some very nice Baltimore blocks are there more?

Margreet said...

Wat een mooie popjes heb je gemaakt! Je DJ is helemaal geweldig, prachtige kleuren. En wat heb jij een fantastisch uitzicht vanuit je keukenraam! Super! Groetjes,Margreet

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Congrats on the progress of your Dear Jane...I love the fabrics your chosen to use.

Gorgeous sunset too...there has been some amazing ones lately!

Carin said...

Wat leuk die poppen en je krekel ziet er ook geweldig uit !! Mooi uitzicht hebben jullie trouwens !

Unknown said...

I love your cows on your windowsill.
The sunset is gorgeous, very similar the ones we are having here too!
So inspiring and nostalgic.

Unknown said...

your quilting on Dear Jane is beautiful! Beautiful like the sunset

mMum said...

Hi Jane,
Je Dear Jane is prachtig! Ik moet toch eens ooit de moed op gaan brengen om aan die lieve Sjaan te gaan beginnen. Wat Kaatje en Karel betreft, die heb ik ook. Ik weet helemaal niet hoe ze heten, maar mijn DGD's (de tweeling) noemen ze zo, naar een serie boekjes die zo heten en waar ik voor het slapen gaan uit voorlees. Heel veel groeten, Mac

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...