I love quilts, especially antique quilts, either applique or pieced,
and I want to share my journeys in quilting !

But, my "Threads and Treasures" sometimes include embroidery, painting, or spinning wool
and weaving
.

It is great that you are visiting, and I hope you feel at home here.
I would love it if you left a comment.

My website is www.janequilter.uk




Tuesday 21 October 2014

"Caswell and Stonefields..."


Met deze twee projecten, Caswell van Corliss Searcey, en Stonefields van Susan Smith, ga ik voorlopig verder. Ik ben benieuwd welke het eerst af is....
Dit is mijn zevende blok van Caswell (er zijn 30 blokken van 28 x 28 cm in totaal).

For the time being I shall carry on with these two projects, Caswell by Corliss Searcey, and the Stonefields block of the month by Susan Smith. I wonder which one will be finished first....
This is my seventh Caswell block (there are 30 blocks in total, measuring 11 x 11 inches)

Van Stonefields zijn mijn blokjes van de eerste maand af, maar er moeten ook nog 171 hexagonbloemen en vliegende gansjes gemaakt worden voor de randen, dat zijn bijna 1200 hexagonnetjes! Als ik dat allemaal aan het eind zou doen, zou ik binnen de kortste keren gek worden, dus ik heb een gaaf plan bedacht.
Elke maand maak ik 17 bloemen, en 17 gansjes, en ik gebruik alleen die stofjes die ik deze maand in de blokjes heb gebruikt. Dat is best een leuke uitdaging.
De eerste bloemen...

My first month's Stonefields blocks are finished, but I also have to make 171 hexagon flowers and flying geese for the borders. That is nearly 1200 hexagons! If I had to do that at the end I would most probably go mad, so I have thought up a plan.
Every month I will make 17 flowers and 17 flying geese, and I shall only use the fabrics that I have used in the blocks for that month. That is a nice challenge.
The first flowers....

En de volgende...

And the next ones....

En de laatste voor deze maand...

The last ones for this month....

Ik gebruik zo'n klein handig Clover clipje om even de andere kant vast te houden. Wat zijn die dingetjes lekker stevig!

I use a handy little Clover clip to keep hold of the other side for me. Those little things are so strong!

Als dit mandje ooit vol is, zal ik er denk ik wel genoeg hebben...

If this basket gets full up I shall probably have enough.....

Terwijl ik wacht op de volgende maand van Stonefields, ga ik verder met het volgende Caswell blok, alles met needleturn natuurlijk, want dat vind ik het fijnste en het vlugste...

While I wait for the next month's Stonefields blocks, I am working on the next Caswell block, with needleturn of course, because I love it and it is so quick....

Het regent heel veel en er zijn dus ook heel veel hele of halve regenbogen - zo mooi!

It rains a lot, and there are a lot of whole or half rainbows - so beautiful!

Fijne dag!

Have a good day!

Jane

44 comments:

Janet said...

Your hexagon flowers are so pretty. 17 a month sounds like a lot to me but 171 flowers is a bit mind boggling :0) your plan is a good one I think. I love those clips for that too. The Caswell blocks are beautiful - these 2 projects are so enjoyable to watch your progress!

Ineke said...

Wat een leuke uitdaging om een aantal bloemen van hexjes en de gansjes iedere maand te maken.Met de Stonefield komt helemaal goed, weet ik zeker!!! En je Caswell blokken worden prachtig!!!

Liefs, Ineke

Grit said...

Your appliqué is so wonderful as always. Love your hexie flowers too.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Beautiful blocks! Love the fussy cut petals so special!

Marloeskreatief said...

Wat mooi allemaal weer,en je hebt het tempo erin zeg werkelijk prachtig

Heather said...

Great idea to do a planned number of hexagon flowers and flying geese per month. I have about 30 hexagon flowers in the correct size and colors from a previous project so I am a bit ahead on those. I love your fussy cutting, the little pears really make me smile.

Nina Hobbysite said...

Je hexagonnen zijn erg mooi!

Elizabeth said...

Wat een mooi applicatiewerk, Jane! Ik kijk altijd vol bewondering naar die mooie blokken van je, ze zijn zo netjes en gaaf ...
Hexjes maken is best leuk, maar niet constant achter elkaar, slim om het op die manier aan te pakken!
Ik gebruik vaak een paperclip zoals jij de clover gebruikt, want anders heb je zo maar te weinig stof aan die kant, het schuift toch altijd een beetje...
Veel lapjesplezier weer!

Groetjes, Elizabeth

Saskia Smit said...

Wat een schitterende bloemen zijn dat.

Ineke said...

Wat een prachtige blokken en hexagonnen maak je toch altijd. Vooral bij de laatste vind ik het verbazend om te zien hoe jij combinaties van stukjes stof ziet en zulke hexagonnen weet te maken.

Every Stitch said...

Great progress Jane! thanks for the tip with the clip for EPP. I use paperclips but am keen to try these as there may be more to hold on to! Always nice to see closeups of your needleturn - just perfect.

Sabine.v said...

Zucht! Alles wat jij maakt is prachtig! Zo een leuke combinaties en die mooie stofjes.. Je hebt talent.

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Love your rainbow picture...it's amazing!!

Guusje, said...

Wat een mooi blok van je Cashwell quilt en wat een mooie hexenbloemen. Slim om er elke maand een aantal te maken. Prachtige foto. Het is zo mooi waar je woont,

Heleni said...

Mooi zijn je hexjes. Wat veel moet je er maken zeg.
Het blok voor de Caswell is weer prachtig.

JanetD said...

Beautiful, as always Jane. When you finish a block what is your process with it? Do you wash it or just press, and what are you pressing on? I notice that everything is very tidy but the appliques are not flattened out.

Phyllis said...

Wat mooi allemaal! Inderdaad een goed idee om al die hexjes op die manier te 'plannen', zo zie je de berg in het mandje groeien.

Glenda said...

Dear jane how I love seeing your blog back up and running again, I appreciate the time you spend on your blog as I learn so much and always enjoy your lovely fabrics. Great way to tackily the 171 hexagon flowers LOL. I'm doing that with my Zig Zags for the final border!!!!! Thanks for the stunning photo of the fields, so so Jane Eyre and romantic. Hugs Glenda

Judith said...

Wat is je perenatofje mooi! Goed bewaren voor het geval je voor de prince gaat vallen! En dat klopje heb ik ook, wat een idee, ook eens proberen! Fijne dag, daaag

Kleine Vingers said...

Wat wordt het allemaal mooi
Groetjes

Chris said...

Zo mooi allemaal en wat handig, dat clipje!

sylvia said...

wat een fantastische quilts zijn het toch!! Het clipje heb ik niet nodig, ik hou de hexen gewoon vast, scheelt een hoop tijd en gaat prima!
veel plezier met je beauty's!!

ineke said...

Ja dat zijn er wel heel veel, maar je pakt het goed aan zo is het te overzien. Fijne dag en veel quiltplezier. Groetjes ineke

Sylvia said...

De blokken voor beide quilts worden erg mooi.
Handig om een systeem uit te denken voor de hexjes, want het zijn me er nogal niet wat!
Hier is er ook veel regen gevallen en nu is het wat rustiger na de storm
Groetjes Sylvia.

Mrs. Sutherland said...

Die knijpertjes zijn inderdaad ideaal! Goed idee van je om het werk over een aantal maanden uit te spreiden, want zo blijft het leuk! Je appliqué blok is prachtig; het is duidelijk zichtbaar dat dat je grote liefde is. 't Zal straks een prachtige quilt opleveren!
Groeten van Mar

Anne Marieke said...

Je Caswell blok is weer prachtig!

En je hexjes voor Stonefields zijn ook al zo mooi. Dat wordt weer een prachtige quilt!

Nu moeten we nog even wachten tot deel 2 van Stonefields komt.

Carin said...

Wat een fantastisch blok weer en ik vind het zo leuk om al die hexagonnen te bekijken, ze zijn eht geweldig.
Laat dat mandje maar vol geraken ;-)

conny's quilts en creaties said...

Handig om die "saaie" blokjes zo te verdelen, Ze zijn erg mooi jouw hexjes en dat is de regenboog ook!

Bev said...

Just gorgeous!

Floor said...

Wat is dat toch een mooi gezicht hè, zo'n regenboog. Kan ik ook altijd zo van genieten.
Je nieuwe blok is weer schitterend geworden, maar dat zijn we wel van je gewend.
Heel goed bedacht om alvast wat voor de rand te maken, anders wordt het aan het eind zo saai om aan te werken.
Met mijn AWS quilt doe ik dat ook zo, bij elke baan blokken ook twee randblokken maken, zodat ik niet aan het eind 16 dezelfde blokken moet maken.

marga said...

Ik heb bewondering voor al dat mooie applicatie werk wat je maakt.
Groeten
Marga

Esther Aliu said...

I'm loving every glimpse of these stonefields blocks and your work is beautiful, as always

Marijke said...

Wat prachtig!!! Ben helemaal verliefd op je vlinder!
Lieve groetjes van Marijke

quilting Jeannet said...

Leuk Jane dat je ook het clover clipje gebruikt, ik heb ze hier ook, zes stuks, heerlijk om mee te werken.

Sue said...

Love the fabrics you are using in your blocks and thanks for the tip with the clip.

David said...

I love following your progress on both projects. What pencils do you use to mark the front of your appliqué fabrics? Thanks.

Eileen said...

Jane, your needleturn is so perfect! I have to chuckle when you say it's so quick; for me it can be frustrating.
Your idea for the hexies and geese is a good one-it will save you from tearing your hair out at the end.
Glad to see you're completely well again. :)

Marjan said...

Wat een inspiratie weer in dit verhaal… Zo mooi allemaal… En zulke schitterende hexagonbloemen… geweldig hoe je met fussy cutting zulke prachtige resultaten bereikt. En niemand appliceert zo mooi als jij… echt waar. Ik kijk al weer uit naar je volgende blogje!

Radka said...

I have been trying to post a comment for couple of days now, I don't know what is the matter with Blogger these days :-(
All I want say it that I am impressed how you are getting on with it. Long term projects always scare me a bit :-)
xx

margaret said...

good to have found your blog Jane and 2 very interesting BOMs you have on the go, applique is a technique I still have to try along with many others

The Rabbit Factory said...

Love your blog and all the amazing quilts!

audrey said...

Love your applique work! Such an inspiration.:)

Chookyblue...... said...

lovely fabrics in your hexies......great plan idea too.......

I would never do EPP if I stitch basted......I love my glue pens....makes it so much quicker...and not so fiddle for me........but everyone does things there own way that works for them.......

And those clover clips are WONDERFUL.......I love them....

Carolyn Loewen said...

I just love both projects that you are working on. I am looking forward to doing a fancy applique quilt, one day, like the one you're working on. I am looking forward to seeing the next blocks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...