I love quilts, especially antique quilts, either applique or pieced,
and I want to share my journeys in quilting !

But, my "Threads and Treasures" sometimes include embroidery, painting, or spinning wool
and weaving
.

It is great that you are visiting, and I hope you feel at home here.
I would love it if you left a comment.

My website is www.janequilter.uk




Monday 20 December 2010

Baltimore Birds

Now I have at last finished all the small things for Christmas I can get back to my favourite applique! The border for my Baltimore is in the making, and the birds are flying happily on there.

It is almost like when I look outside and see all the birds from around our fields gathering in our garden!
The greatest sensation today was the loaf of bread that hadn't risen very well in the breadmaker. Later I cut it in half, and at the end of the day there were two nearly empty shells left.


The little Baltimore birds on the border are very busy too, but I am not going to let the secret out just yet.....! I am making things rather difficult for myself, because I am only using the fabrics that are in the blocks, so these birds are going to have some very strange feathers...
I hope you are all busy stitching with something.. and happy.
Jane

5 comments:

Donna in SW PA said...

Your birds look wonderful. Can't wait to see the whole thing! Donna

Guusje, said...

Mooie vogels heb je al op de border van je Baltimore net als de echte vogels leuk om ze zo te zien.

Hennie said...

Je vogels zien er prachtig uit Jane.
Groetjes Hennie.

Irene said...

Ik vind dat je prachtig kan appliqeren Jane. En de zelfde stofjes gebruiken geeft straks juist eenheid aan het geheel!

Nana Blue Quilts said...

so very lovely, are you shading them with something like pastels or are you fussy cutting? The are so warm!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...