I love quilts, especially antique quilts, either applique or pieced,
and I want to share my journeys in quilting !

But, my "Threads and Treasures" sometimes include embroidery, painting, or spinning wool
and weaving
.

It is great that you are visiting, and I hope you feel at home here.
I would love it if you left a comment.

My website is www.janequilter.uk




Saturday 6 February 2016

"Van twee vogeltjes......two little birds"


Er vliegen twee vogeltjes rond, hoog over de bomen.

Two little birds are flying above the trees.



Ongeveer 150 jaar geleden vlogen ze daar ook al, maar de mode was toen een beetje anders.

About 150 years ago they were also flying there, but the fashion was a little bit different then..

Ze hebben elkaar heel wat te twitteren, want er gebeurt van alles op de grond beneden hen.
Er lopen twee kippen hard weg.....maar waarom?

They have a lot to tweet to each other, because all sorts of things are happening on the ground below.
Two hens are running away...but why?

Ach, zo'n klein poezenbeestje, hoe kun je daar nu bang voor zijn?

Ahh, such a sweet little cat, how can anyone be afraid of that?

Maar er gebeurt nog meer, daar op die grond.
Een koe staat er! Die is niet bang voor het poesje.

But something else is happening on the ground.
There is a cow! She is not afraid of the cat.

Mevrouw Koe staat geduldig te wachten totdat...

Mrs. Cow stands there waiting patiently until....

Dit blok van een oude Baltimore quilt ( Hannah Foote, 1852) heb ik al jaren willen maken, maar er kwam nooit iets van. Maar vorige week kwam ik hem weer tegen, dus nu moest het echt gebeuren.
In het oude antieke blok lopen twee eenden/ganzen....

This block in an old Baltimore quilt (Hannah Foote, 1852) I have been wanting to make for years, but it never happened. Then I came across it again last week, and this time I just had to do it.
There are two ducks/geese in the old antique block...

Daar heb ik maar even een paar kippen voor getekend, en het poesje heb ik ook een beetje veranderd.
In mijn zakje met oogjes-stofjes vond ik een paar mooie oogjes voor de vogeltjes.

So I drew a few hens, and changed the cat a little bit too.
In my bag with eye-fabrics, I found some nice eyes for the little birds.

Even uitgeknipt...

I cut them out...

Ik zette ze een beetje vast met rijggaren...

I fastened them with a little bit of basting thread...

En ging toen needleturnen.

And then I needleturned them.

Een paar minuten later...

A few minutes later... 

En ze kunnen lekker rondvliegen en goed zien wat er gebeurt.

And they fly around and see what is happening.

Dit blok wordt het middenstukje van een quilt, misschien kan ik de volgende keer al wat meer laten zien.

This block is going to be the centre of a quilt, and perhaps I can show something more next time. 

Fijn weekend,

Enjoy your weekend,
Jane




29 comments:

Annelies said...

Wat een prachtig blok !

David said...

I love it!

Unknown said...

Och wat mooi weer en fijn dat je er weer bent.
Groetjes

Carin said...

Prachtig blok Jane !!

conny's quilts en creaties said...

Wat een prachtig blok is het geworden. groetjes, Conny

Ageeth Dorsman said...

Een schattig, lief blok is het geworden!
Groetjes van Ageeth

Phyllis said...

Wat is het toch weer heerlijk om jouw werk te zien, prachtig!

Stitches said...

Thank you for telling us the story about your quilt block. It is a very special block and you will do it perfectly! Love it!

Cheri said...

Very pretty first block. I have some of that fabric for eyes, I never thought to use it for that but now I am going to look for more in my stash.
Happy stitching Jane

christine said...

Oohh Jan wat prachtig.

christine said...

Oohh Jan wat prachtig.

JanetD said...

Lovely Jane, and I recognize the same fabric from my stash but never saw it as eyes before. You always bring something new and interesting out in your projects, I so enjoy watching being inspired by you.

Evelyne said...

Wat is dit een leuk blok geworden !

Goed weekend en groetjes,
Evelyne

Annemiek said...

Wat fijn Jane dat je weer blogt. Je laat altijd zo mooi werk zien. En je leert me kijken naar stoffen. Van die oogjes was ik nooit opgekomen. Lieve groet, Annemiek

Linda said...

Oh, goodness, I just LOVE this block!

Elizabeth said...

Geweldig leuk! En je bent het nog steeds niet verleerd, Jane.
Ik kijk graag naar je mooie applicatiewerk!

groetjes, Elizabeth

Rachel said...

That's a great success!

Wilma Kuin said...

Wat kan jij dit toch goed!!
Prachtig!1

Ineke said...

Schitterend!

Jenny said...

Such beautiful work Jane I love your block and look forward to seeing it develop.
Hugs jenny in NZ

Jacqueline said...

WOW.. look forward to seeing more.

Janet said...

What a delightful applique block! I love that someone is milking the cow :0) Your birds are lovely and those eyes - wow you are superb at needleturn!! I'm so very glad you are back to blogging - your work inspires me!

Flickenstichlerin said...

Dear Jane,
your applique is just wonderful, what a beautiful center for a quilt.
Greetings,
Sylvia

margaret said...

so beautiful and beautifully done too

Kleine Vingers said...

Mooi is dat blok geworden. Heerlijk om te genieten van prachtig applicatie werk. Groeten

Chris said...

Enig!! Ik vind je stofjes erg leuk en vooral die oogjes!! Wat een idee!

Guusje, said...


Wat een prachtig blok is dit en weer zo mooi gemaakt.

Tina said...

Dear Jane! I can't tell you enough how wonderful it is to wake up and see that you have shared your wonderful needlework with a new post!! You have just made my day and I love seeing the detail on how your block was constructed - It is just beautiful and you truly are an artist!!!!

marga said...

Wat een prachtige dierentuin. Zo mooi gemaakt.
Groeten
Marga

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...